Find a country
advanced school search
What's In The Guide?
Here are some sample articles...
- Reviews on top international schools
- Expat and Education Overviews by city
- Articles on International Schooling
- Special Education Needs- info/resources
- Curriculum and Exam information
- Transitions (systems, hemispheres, countries)
- Accreditations/Inspections explained
- Real time updates (coups d'etat, evacuations, closures)
Thinking about Uni in the USA?
Our funny and popular British student's guide to US universities is back in print! With over 65 reviews of selected US unis, it walks you through the process of choosing a university, applying and paying for it.
Click here to buy Uni in the USA: The Definitive UK Guide to Universities in the US or go to our new website Uni in the USA...and Beyond (includes not only the US but reviews of unis in Europe, Asia, Australia and Canada.
In The Times, School Gate, author John Wallis tells you What it's like to go to uni in the USA.
Does the GSGI cover the globe?
We add and update countries and schools every day. Before you subscribe, check the box above or the list of Cities We Cover (under Feature Articles) for the ones you want, including:
New York (specially for expats)
...and many more.
But we're always looking for new editors! Currently looking for qualified editors to cover schools in
...to name just a few.
For more information about the job and how to apply, click on Want to Work For Us?
Why subscribe?find out more
The Guide to top international schools worldwide.
Moving your family overseas and looking for schools? The Good Schools Guide International should be your first stop.
The GSGI finds, visits and reviews the best schools worldwide for children ages 3-18, state or independent.
Completely independent, the GSGI doesn't shy away from judgement calls. All school reviews are unsolicited - selected and paid for by The Guide, not the school.
That means complete editorial freedom, so we pull no punches; you'll get crisp, clear advice and the inside scoop on schools, headmasters, sports, school runs, local traffic...and on life in general for expats life in each city.
All GSGI editors choose which schools should make the cut. Schools are in (or out) whether they like it or not.
• reviews top British, American, IB and international schools in over 55 cities worldwide.
• offers brisk, personal expat overviews and educational overviews for every city we cover.
• includes real-time updates, red alerts (coups d'état, evacuations, closures etc).
If your family is moving abroad, YOU NEED THIS GUIDE.
Find schools and cities in the drop down menu on the left. See if we cover the ones you need, and sample a few of our Feature Articles .
But for complete school reviews and inside stories, SUBSCRIBE here.
Can you afford not to?
Don't Miss These:
- Independent Schools Show: London- November 9-10, 2013; Battersea Park; arguably one of the best schools shows out there, with top independent day and boarding schools all under one elegant marquee, with champagne bar to refresh flagging spirits after staggering around to 125+ school stalls.
- Study in the USA - Join 4500 students at Fulbright College Day in London, 27-28 September, 2013 to talk to reps from over 185 US colleges and universities. For more information on studying in the USA or even further afield (Europe, China, Australia etc), go to the new GSG website Uni in the USA...and Beyond.
- Oh, Say Can You See: University in the USA- The Basics and Beyond advisor training - 27 Sept 2013 (put on by Wellington College, Fulbright Commission and the Good Schools Guide).For career counselors and 6th form heads from beginners to those who have advised applicants to US universities for years. Last year’s conference was a race through the basics. This year, we’ve again assembled admissions experts from 10+ top universities in the US. From plenary sessions to breakout workshops, with roundtable discussions headed by college/university admissions officers from across the US, this conference is not only hands-on but tailor-made to answer your specific questions.
- Thinking of Studying across the Pond? Go to Uni in the USA...and Beyond for reviews on 65+ selected universities, reviewed by us, plus all the info you need to choose, apply and fund a US university education. For specific questions, go to our Community Forum. We send your questions to our panel of experts, whether they're about getting into the Ivy League, getting a sports scholarship, or what it's like on a US campus...whatever you want to know!
Over 280 Articles about international schools abroad
To help you plan, or give you heart.
When it's time to go home... Coming Home to Roost: The Pleasures and Perils of Returning to School in the UK
At long last...Paris!
Try these tasty samples of our Paris section for free
- Where to live in Paris: Neighbourhoods and Schools
And with a subscription, you can read:
How can you resist??
And Further East...
This brisk and chock-full educational overview gives snapshots of international schools in Bahrain plus tips on what's up with the whole schooling scene.
And is anything more stressful than choosing the right school for a five year old (or younger)?
Read the new Elementary? Choosing a Primary School
Need Our Education Advice Service?
...on international schools abroad, transitions, neighbourhoods, you name it.
Experienced advice -- by phone, email or face to face.