Find a country
advanced school search
What's In The Guide?
Here are some sample articles...
- Reviews on top international schools
- Expat and Education Overviews by city
- Articles on International Schooling
- Special Education Needs- info/resources
- Curriculum and Exam information
- Transitions (systems, hemispheres, countries)
- Accreditations/Inspections explained
- Real time updates (coups d'etat, evacuations, closures)
NEED YOUR CHILDREN ASSESSED FOR BRITISH SCHOOLS?
Many parents living abroad who plan to send children to school in the UK would like them assessed – usually in English, maths and reasoning – before considering school applications. The Good Schools Guide Advice Service can help: just Click here.
Thinking about Uni in the USA?
THE THIRD EDITION of our funny and popular British student's guide to US universities is NOW OUT, back in stores and available for sale at www.uniintheusa.com. With over 65 reviews of selected US unis, and newly updated articles - especially about scholarships, SATs, and insight into American dating (!) this guide walks you through the process of choosing a university, applying and paying for it.
Click here to buy Uni in the USA: The Definitive UK Guide to Universities in the US or go to our website Uni in the USA...and Beyond , which includes not only the US but reviews of unis in Europe, Asia, Australia and Canada.
Does the GSGI cover the globe?
We add and update countries and schools every day. Before you subscribe, check the box above or the list of Cities We Cover (under Feature Articles) for the ones you want, including:
New York (specially for expats)
...and many more.
But we're always looking for new editors! Currently looking for qualified editors to cover schools in
...to name just a few.
For more information about the job and how to apply, click on Want to Work For Us?
Why subscribe?find out more
The Guide to top international schools worldwide.
Moving your family overseas and looking for schools? The Good Schools Guide International should be your first stop.
The GSGI finds, visits and reviews the best schools worldwide for children ages 3-18, state or independent.
Completely independent, the GSGI doesn't shy away from judgement calls. All school reviews are unsolicited - selected and paid for by The Guide, not the school.
That means complete editorial freedom, so we pull no punches; you'll get crisp, clear advice and the inside scoop on schools, headmasters, sports, school runs, local traffic...and on life in general for expats life in each city.
All GSGI editors choose which schools should make the cut. Schools are in (or out) whether they like it or not.
• reviews top British, American, IB and international schools in over 55 cities worldwide.
• offers brisk, personal expat overviews and educational overviews for every city we cover.
• includes real-time updates, red alerts (coups d'état, evacuations, closures etc).
If your family is moving abroad, YOU NEED THIS GUIDE.
Find schools and cities in the drop down menu on the left. See if we cover the ones you need, and sample a few of our Feature Articles .
But for complete school reviews and inside stories, SUBSCRIBE here.
Can you afford not to?
- The Independent Schools Show- Geneva: Sept 20-21, 2014
Unquestionably the gold standard in schools shows, the London ISS presents top British and international schools all under one roof. And now you can see it all at the Geneva ISS (20th and 21st September 2014). Do visit the GSG/GSGI in Geneva or the London ISS (8th and 9th November 2014).
Thinking of Studying across the Pond?
- Go to Uni in the USA...and Beyond for reviews on selected universities, written by British students, plus all the info you need to choose, apply and fund a US university education. Find out about breaking into the Ivy League, getting a sports scholarship, or what it's really like on a US campus.
- To BUY THE BOOK, Uni in the USA in paperback: Go to Uni in the USA.
- Go to USA College Day, put on by the US-UK Fulbright Commission. 170 colleges and universities all in one place, 4500 students and parents: 26th and 27th September 2014. Tickets sold out in 2013, so click here to reserve a ticket (free if you reserve, £5.00 at the door).
Over 280 Articles about international schools abroad
To help you plan, or give you heart.
When it's time to go home... Coming Home to Roost: The Pleasures and Perils of Returning to School in the UK
At long last...Paris!
Try these tasty samples of our Paris section for free
- Where to live in Paris: Neighbourhoods and Schools
And with a subscription, you can read:
How can you resist??
And Further East...
This brisk and chock-full educational overview gives snapshots of international schools in Bahrain plus tips on what's up with the whole schooling scene.
And is anything more stressful than choosing the right school for a five year old (or younger)?
Read the new Elementary? Choosing a Primary School
Need Our Education Advice Service?
...on international schools abroad, transitions, neighbourhoods, you name it.
Experienced advice -- by phone, email or face to face.